We have now finanished the programme for the remaining of the current 2010-2011 film season here at the Leytonstone Pop-Up Cinema, with the following titles:
- ‘The Battle of Algiers‘, (1966) by Gillo Pontecorvo (Wed. 2nd February)
- ‘The Illusionist‘ (animation), (2010) by Sylvain Chomet (Wed. 2nd March)
- ‘Ivul‘, (2009) by Andrew Kotting (Wed. 6th April)
- ‘Ramchand Pakistani‘, (2008) by Mehreen Jabbar (Wed. 4th May)
- ‘Annie Hall‘, (1977) by Woody Allen (Wed. 1st June)
We hope that, with this choice of films, we can achieve an interesting balance between modern, classic and World cinema that will hopefully appeal to our growing audience, while at the same time, being able to screen and enjoy just simply a handful of fantastic films; each one with a lot of merits on their own.
We now wish that you do come along too and enjoy these great films with us!
… And don’t forget that, as usual, we welcome all kind of suggestions and comments about our programme, the stuff we do at the film club, our website or even if you’re interested in volunteering with us and give us a hand every now and then. Just drop by at any of our screenings, drop us an email or leave us a comment here to let us know.
Thanks a lot, and see you at the movies!